Heart circumcision is regeneration.
How is the sign and the seal of justification by faith, related to the covenants? Some questions
I think these questions crystallise some important issues and this underscores an interesting link between distinct covenants. I offer them as food for thought and welcome counterquestions.
* Is circumcision now needed?
* Why then was it required, of Israel, of Moses?
* Why was Moses threatened with death for omitting it, Ex.4.24?
* Why then did Moses omit it all the way through the wilderness, and it was ordained for Joshua to renew it, Jos.5.2?
* Did younger Levites then minister to the Tabernacle in uncircumcision, Num.4.3, 23, 30, 8.21?
* Why was it a necessary preface to eating the Passover, the manna ceasing and the Angel Messiah appearing to him & the conquest of Jericho? But not conquering Sihon, Og or crossing the Jordan?
* Of which covenant was circumcision both the seal and the sign? Gen.17.11, Rom.4.11
* Why then does Christ attribute it to Moses first, then the fathers second, in Jn.7.22?
* Why does He say it is necessary that Moses' Law may not be broken? Jn.7.23
* Why was it absolutely necessary for taking the Passover, Ex.12.44,48 even for a Gentile slave?
* Could this mean the Passover was not observed by many, in the wilderness?
* Why does Paul say a Gentile who is now circumcised is obligated to keep the whole Law for justification, Gal.5.3? Why is Christ useless to him?
* However why is he less concerned about Jews being circumcised, calling it 'nothing' 1 Cor.7.17-18?
* What distinguishes baptism from circumcision apart from their relation in time to the cross, Col.2.11-13, Eph.2.11?
* Do you see how closely intertwined but sharply distinct (lit w a knife) the two covenants are?
Ministry of God's Word
/ The Satanic verses
The land of Israel
Writings for Rabbinics